INDOOR AIR POLLUTION: CAUSES!!?
What is the primary reason or reasons for indoor pollution.
Compared to the outside world, how much more polluted can be the inside of home or the office or the regularly frequented inside of the nearest mall.
Many studies have repeatedly shown and proven that indoor pollution is up to 5 times or even more polluted than than outside air. The same studies show that bedroom air can be up to 5 times worse off than home indoor air. This does surprise many.
For all the motor vehicles filling the roads and the industries expelling so much of smoke into the air, how could one reason that indoor air is worse off than outdoor air. Strangely enough, that is the truth. Mother nature faithfully washes the outdoor air with mist,rain, shower and dew. Wind and breeze facilitates air exchange and air content dilution.
Indoors is a totally different story. Look at modern architecture. We live in sealed concrete boxes made of walls and doors and windows. Not only insufficient per home, we fail to open these fewer windows. We do not allow for air ventilation and air exchange. All that we expire remains within. Oxygen has been used up. Carbon dioxide has built up. In addition humidity has increased within the building. To that already ruined and depleted quality air, you can add gases, fumes and vapour coming off wall paints, furniture varnish; aerosols; pesticides; insecticides; fragrances; perfumes; air blown in from ill maintained air condition ducts; out of the sick vacuum cleaners; off cleaning detergents; home used equipment and so much more.
We live in concentrated traps of gases, fumes, toxins, dust and pollutes.
By not allowing outdoor air inside, we have increased and concentrated all kinds of chemical content and all kinds of pollutes into our indoor air. We never allowed for air flow, air exchange and air contents dilution. The humidity build up that we allowed enabled bacterial breeding as well.
From what you read below, you can make educated choices and guesses about your indoor health scenario. Check the sources, practice corrective measures and choose to live healthy. We spend more time indoors in home and office. This list is a mix of notes related to home and office. Read each carefully.
- At home gas, kerosene and wood burning stoves, fragrance candles, joss sticks, aerosols, cleaning agents etc liberate gases into the indoor environment and remain trapped indoors.
- Materials used within buildings as for construction, partitions and finishing also liberate gases. Wet damp floors and carpets have nauseating smell. Wall paints are culprits. Asbestos (now banned) materials are also bad.
- Furniture varnishes, pressed wood products and plywood materials also pollute the air.
- In the office environment copying machines, printers, adhesives; carpet; computers and correction fluids, air conditioners, vents and ducting add all kinds of fumes and odour to indoor air pollution.
- Cleaning and maintenance materials, sprays, detergents, insecticides or pesticide aerosols also add pollutes to indoor air.
- Innumerable other sources of pollutes abound indoors.
Water is known as an universal cleanser. Nature uses rain, mist and dew to wash air in the outside world. Man has imitated nature. Now with hydro cleaners we can clean indoor air and trap floating dust particles, fumes and other pollutes from the air. These hydro cleaners are known to remove stench or cigarette smell from the air as well. These hydro cleaners are far more efficient, practical, health oriented, and yet far more economical in comparison to air purifiers, air cleaners and vacuum cleaners.
- KUALA LUMPUR and SELANGOR households in MALAYSIA .........can learn how to keep the indoor air washed with water, learn how to do so many other household cleaning needs without polluting the indoors. This no obligation discussion, presentation and demonstration illustrates corrective measures for healthier family living and indoor breathing. Kindly contact K Thiruselvam @ 016-3712762